There are many ways to shop for used car. You can go from dealer to dealer and used car lot to used car lot, you can go on many of the used car sites online, or even an auction site online. Regardless of how you go about finding a vehicle it is important you understand what to look out for to make sure the you are not purchasing somebody else’s discarded problems. Here are some tips that might help you to find a high-quality vehicle that hopefully will serve you for many years to come…
1. Take your time when evaluating a vehicle. Take several walks around the exterior of the vehicle noting any imperfections you may find. Open the doors, trunk, and hood and look for anything that does not look like it was original or just doesn’t look right. Don’t be afraid to ask the seller questions and evaluate the answers you received. Do the same with the interior, take your time and sit in the vehicle and make sure you try all of the equipment and accessories to make sure they are operating properly. Shift the vehicle into drive, neutral, and reverse and make sure it seems to shift quickly and smoothly. If not, expensive repairs may be imminent.
2. Ask for a vehicle history report such as Carfax or AutoCheck. Make sure the vehicle has no major negative events in its history and that there are no odometer discrepancies.
3. Start the engine and open up the hood. Your eyes, ears, and nose are your best friends here. You want to look for any visible oil leaks. You want to listen for any unusual sounds. And you want to make sure that there are no unusual smells, for instance something smelling like it’s burning. Check the transmission fluid by pulling out the dipstick and checking the level and giving it a quick smell. If the vehicle was just started the transmission fluid level should be near the cold marker. You want to make sure it does not smell burnt as this could identify a current or pending problem. When the engine is turned off again pull out the oil dipstick and again, make sure it looks like it is not dirty and does not smell burnt. The color of the oil should be similar to dark amber.
4. Now it’s time for a test drive. Before you start moving check the steering system. Open the windows and turned the steering wheel hard all the way to one side, and then the other. You want to make sure there is no resistance and that there are no loud squealing sounds which could signify a problem with costly parts of the steering system. You will also want to jiggle the wheel back and forth a bit from the center position and make sure that it doesn’t have any play. Going from one side to the other. It should feel firm when turning from one side to the other. Once you are confident the vehicle is safe to drive make sure you drive it with the windows open and closed. Make sure you don’t hear any noises that seem uncommon. If you do find any potential issues and you are not sure what they are make sure to have a qualified mechanic look the car over before you complete the purchase. While driving, make sure to pay attention to the brakes. Do they feel like they are working properly and stopping the car efficiently? If not, they may need to be addressed and that could help you as any other problems found, in negotiating a better purchase price.
5. Last, but certainly not least. Asked to have the vehicle inspected by a mechanic or shop of your choice. If there is any resistance to having the vehicle inspected run, don’t walk away from the vehicle as is a telltale sign there are going to be issues found.
Once you have found the right vehicle and have made a purchase it is a sound financial decision and great idea to purchase a quality used car warranty. An auto warranty can protect you from the inevitable major or minor repairs that you will face down the road. There are few reputable companies that will allow you to purchase coverage directly, excluding the dealer and their profit, at wholesale pricing. A great place to start is Auto Advantage Inc.
There are many extended car warranty programs to choose from but it can be a bit tricky to find a “reputable” plan to suit your needs. The best way to choose a reliable extended car warranty program is to find a company that makes the following criteria…
1. Make sure the company is in business for 10 years or more. This assures you that they are not only in the business of selling coverage but also successfully paying claims.
2. You want to choose a company that has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and perhaps more importantly, is accredited by the BBB which holds them to a much higher standard of excellent business practices and customer service.
3. You want the warranty program to be directly underwritten by a US-based insurance carrier holding at least an A rating with an industry rating service such as AMBest or Standard & Poors. This will assure you that if any part of the claims administration process fails the underwriter will directly pick up all claims if needed.
There are also many different levels of coverage available for your vehicle. These levels are Powertrain, Major Component Plus, High-Tech Component, Component Type Bumper-To-Bumper, or Exclusionary Bumper-To-Bumper coverage. Depending on the age and mileage of the vehicle all or most of these levels could be available. It is important to look through the different levels of coverage for any companies you are considering side-by-side to make sure that you are purchasing the best coverage available for your needs. Do not rely on plan names such as Platinum, Elite, or Gold as they do not always correctly define the level of coverage you are purchasing. Some less than reputable companies will take a very basic plan and label it with a very fancy name. You want to look at the actual list of what is covered to make sure you are getting what you’re paying for.
All in all, an extended car warranty is an excellent investment and can save you thousands of dollars over the term of the coverage. To begin researching the different types of coverage you can visit Auto Advantage and see what the choices are. It is a great idea to fill out the quote request form and let them send you the specifics including coverage details and pricing.
Most cars come with a manufacturer’s warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles. Some have longer 4 year were 50,000 mile coverage. And even fewer have a 5 year or 60,000 mile warranty. As fate would have it, most major auto repairs occur after the manufacturer’s warranty period expires. Purchasing an extended auto warranty can save you hundreds, or even thousands of dollars on each repair. And as repairs at up over the life of an extended car warranty it is not uncommon to have savings equal $5,000, or even $10,000 or more.
If your car is out of warranty, or will soon be out of warranty and you don’t want to or don’t have the ability to pay these high repair bills that are imminent, purchasing an extended auto warranty is a consumers best bet.
To learn more about the different types of coverage available for your vehicle and the cost visiting a “reliable” company’s website for a quote is a great idea. A good place to start might be visiting Auto Advantage who have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are also accredited by the BBB and who have been supplying car warranties to the public since 1979.
Purchasing an auto warranty is a risk if you don’t know the rules and regulations of the warranty. It is wise for vehicle owners to think about hiring a professional car consultant who can help them through the sometimes-tricky process of buying an auto warranty. Buying an auto warranty without assistance poses a greater risk of purchasing a fraudulent warranty.
A fraudulent auto warranty is generally a warranty that offers a great variety of features and prices so well that it just too good to actually be true. However, the seller that is claiming that they provide this auto warranty won’t actually provide all of the services they are offering to the consumer. In the used car market, fraudulent warranties are common. This makes it important for consumers who are looking to buy used car warranties to be careful throughout the purchasing process.
Due to the circulation of fraudulent auto warranties, the US administration made a law that protects consumers that is called the used car warranty law. This law is also well known as the lemon law.
Buying a car warranty may be risky if you are unaware of the rules and regulations of the warranty. It is smart for car owners to hire a professional car consultant who can assist them by guiding them through the whole purchase process of the car warranty. If the car owner chooses to purchase the car warranty without any help, they are more vulnerable to buying a fraudulent warranty.
A fraudulent car warranty refers to a warranty that comes with a large amount of features and is prices so well it seems too good to be true. However, the seller who is claiming to provide this warranty will not actually provide the services mentioned in the car warranty. In the used car market, fraudulent car warranties come up frequently. This is why it is essential for consumers who are looking to purchase used car warranties to go through the process with caution.
As a result of fraudulent car warranties, the US administration has created a law to protect consumers called the used car warranty law. This law is commonly referred to as the lemon law.
When most consumers do research on car warranties, the first thing they consider is the price. Consumers want the best deal that they can possibly get when purchasing a car warranty. Though price is important to consider, it should not be the determining factor on which car warranty to purchase.
When researching which car warranty is best to purchase, it is essential that you make get a good quality warranty. In order to get the most out of your car warranty is a good idea to make a smart purchase. Here are two important factors to consider when doing your research:
1. Look at the price of the car warranty. Ensure that it is affordable. However, do not let price be the only deciding factor.
2. Look into the company that you want to buy the car warranty from. Ask yourself a few essential questions while conducting your research. Is the company established? Is the company visible online? Is the company reputable? Last, make sure that the company is accredited and has high ratings with the Better Business Bureau.
You may believe that you need to spend a lot of money when buying a reliable car, but this is not always the case. There are hundreds of used car models out there that are reputable and reliable with a reasonable price tag.
Nowadays, cars are being built so that they are more reliable. Therefore, people are now finding pre-owned cars to be a good option. The most beneficial thing about buying a used car is that the impact of depreciation decreases. Also, the insurance rates for used cars are less expensive and so are used car warranties.
Consumer Reports show that specific cars perform well and are known for their reliability for many years now. This list includes models such as Acura, Mazda, Buick, Lexus, Pontiac, Infinity, Porsche, Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, Volvo, BMW, and Honda.
However, some cars have been shown to be less reliable according to Consumer Reports. This list includes Dodge, Kia, VW, Jeep, GMC, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Chevrolet, and Chrysler.
Used cars are a wise investment to make if you do your research first and purchase a car model that is known for its reliability. Also, purchasing a used car warranty will allow you to save money on necessary repairs and maintenance for your car.
There are two main types of extended car warranties. There are car warranties that you can purchase through an aftermarket warranty company and car warranties that are backed by a manufacturer.
An extended car warranty that is purchased through an aftermarket warranty company tends to cost less money. In addition, this car warranty has the tendency to vary in quality and price depending upon which company you purchase from. This makes it essential to do research before you make a final purchase.
An extended car warranty that is backed by the manufacturer usually includes a variety or services and repairs. Repairs that are done on your car are generally performed in a dealership that the manufacturer approves. This means that you will generally not have any problems when you go for the repairs.
No matter where you choose to get your car warranty from, it is important to do some research before making a final purchase. Compare and contrast a variety of warranties for quality and price.
Purchasing an auto warranty for a car can be risky if you do not know the rules and regulations of the warranty. It is a good idea for car owners to hire a professional car consultant who can help guide them through the entire purchasing process of an auto warranty. If the car owner makes the decision to buy the auto warranty without receiving any assistance, they are more at risk for purchasing a fraudulent warranty.
A fraudulent auto warranty refers to a warranty that comes with a lot of different features and is priced extremely well. However, the seller who provides this warranty will not actually provide the services that are mentioned in the auto warranty. In the used car market, fraudulent auto warranties are very common. Therefore, it is important for consumers who are purchasing used car warranties to proceed with caution.
Due to fraudulent auto warranties, the US administration created a law that will protect consumers. This used car warranty law is referred to as the lemon law.
You may think that it is necessary to spend a ton of money in order to buy a reliable car, however this is not true. There are hundreds of used car models that are reliable and reputable and the price is reasonable.
Today, cars are being built to be more reliable and people are finding that pre-owned cars are a great option. The biggest benefit to buying a used car is that the depreciation impact is reduced. In addition, the insurance rates for used cars are cheaper, and so are used car warranties.
According to Consumer Reports, specific cars perform well and have had great reliability for many years now. The list includes models such as BMW, Buick, Honda, Mazda, Lexus, Infinity, Porsche, Volvo, Nissan, Pontiac, Subaru, Toyota, and Acura.
However, some cars have been shown to have less reliability according to Consumer Reports. Such models include VW, Pontiac, Dodge, Kia, GMC, Jeep, Chevrolet, Land Rover, Chrysler, and Mercedes-Benz.
Used cars can be a smart investment to make if you do your research and buy a car model that is recognized for being reliable. In addition, buying a used car warranty will help you save money on maintenance and repairs needed for your car.