September 9th, 2016 by Hal Moses
Generally in August and September most manufacturers introduce their new models for 2017. This creates an excellent opportunity for car buyers to get very strong deals on 2016 models that are still in inventory. There are however, some tips on how to make your best model year end deal.
Do your research online before you step into a dealership. You want to do your research so that when you get to the dealership you have a good idea of what you want to purchase, and even have some idea of pricing as many of the sites on the Internet provide this service as well.
Timing is important as well. Some models may be a good deal now, but a great deal later. As we approach year-end vehicles that are still left over will continue to drop in price and become much better values.
Many of the manufacturer’s offer very attractive financing or leasing options as well as strong cash-back offers. Weigh your options carefully as depending on your situation, cash-back may be a better deal than financing you may not have needed in the first place.
Typically the vehicles that are being redesigned completely will offer significantly better deals on their model predecessor. This again offers an opportunity to get a lot of car for a lot less money. Look for these models and negotiate your best deal on the 2016’s which will likely be heavily discounted and incentivized.
Lastly, it may be worthwhile to look at manufacturers whose vehicles you don’t currently own. Many of these manufacturers offer “conquest” deals that will offer additional cash-back offers should you decide to switch makes and move over to their product line.
As always, regardless of which car you choose it is very important to consider extended warranty coverage. An extended auto warranty is your best bet on protecting yourself from the inevitable, and unexpected car repair bills you will likely face.
Relevant Tags: auto warranty, extended auto, extended auto warranty, extended warranty, extended warranty coverage, warranty coverage
July 31st, 2016 by Hal Moses
In general, it pays to have extended warranty coverage on any vehicle you own. When the manufacturer’s warranty expires it leaves you vulnerable to frequent and extremely costly repair expenses. Though not all vehicles will experience a major breakdown, most will and the only way to protect yourself from these unforeseen expenses is to make sure you purchase extended auto warranty coverage for your vehicle. This is especially the case with highline luxury or exotic vehicles such as Maserati, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Rolls-Royce, Bentley, etc. Though the plans we offer have paid out on quite a few extremely high warranty repair claims, we recently set a new high at the claim that exceeded $53,000. This claim was for a Bentley and involved several powertrain issues. It is not uncommon for us to see claims in the $20,000-$35,000 range but this vehicle’s problems have raised the giant red flag about owning these types of vehicles without some type of exotic auto warranty protection.
Most people understand that a dealership can provide you with warranty coverage to protect you from these financial hardships but what few people understand is that you can also purchase this coverage outside of the dealership environment at a considerable savings. That being said, it is essential to do research on any company purchase warranty coverage from as there are numerous providers that are far less than reputable. Ideally you want to do business with the company that has been offering warranties for more than 10 years, has an actual underwriter, is accredited and highly rated with the Better Business Bureau, and that after a Google search, does not have any negative feedback, fraud, or ripoff report listings.
Auto Advantage Inc. is one of the highest rated providers in the industry and is been offering reliable auto warranty coverage since 1979. They are both accredited and A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau and only work with the highest-rated underwriters in the industry. They are also a warranty wholesaler offering their dealership level programs at 10% over wholesale dealer cost as they are non-commission provider. Visit Auto Advantage Inc. now to check the rates and available coverage for your vehicle.
Relevant Tags: Auto Advantage, auto advantage Inc., auto warranty, Auto warranty coverage, exotic auto warranty, exotic auto warranty coverage, high warranty repair claims, warranty coverage, warranty protection, warranty repair, warranty repair claims
April 22nd, 2016 by Hal Moses
There are many ways to shop for used car. You can go from dealer to dealer and used car lot to used car lot, you can go on many of the used car sites online, or even an auction site online. Regardless of how you go about finding a vehicle it is important you understand what to look out for to make sure the you are not purchasing somebody else’s discarded problems. Here are some tips that might help you to find a high-quality vehicle that hopefully will serve you for many years to come…
1. Take your time when evaluating a vehicle. Take several walks around the exterior of the vehicle noting any imperfections you may find. Open the doors, trunk, and hood and look for anything that does not look like it was original or just doesn’t look right. Don’t be afraid to ask the seller questions and evaluate the answers you received. Do the same with the interior, take your time and sit in the vehicle and make sure you try all of the equipment and accessories to make sure they are operating properly. Shift the vehicle into drive, neutral, and reverse and make sure it seems to shift quickly and smoothly. If not, expensive repairs may be imminent.
2. Ask for a vehicle history report such as Carfax or AutoCheck. Make sure the vehicle has no major negative events in its history and that there are no odometer discrepancies.
3. Start the engine and open up the hood. Your eyes, ears, and nose are your best friends here. You want to look for any visible oil leaks. You want to listen for any unusual sounds. And you want to make sure that there are no unusual smells, for instance something smelling like it’s burning. Check the transmission fluid by pulling out the dipstick and checking the level and giving it a quick smell. If the vehicle was just started the transmission fluid level should be near the cold marker. You want to make sure it does not smell burnt as this could identify a current or pending problem. When the engine is turned off again pull out the oil dipstick and again, make sure it looks like it is not dirty and does not smell burnt. The color of the oil should be similar to dark amber.
4. Now it’s time for a test drive. Before you start moving check the steering system. Open the windows and turned the steering wheel hard all the way to one side, and then the other. You want to make sure there is no resistance and that there are no loud squealing sounds which could signify a problem with costly parts of the steering system. You will also want to jiggle the wheel back and forth a bit from the center position and make sure that it doesn’t have any play. Going from one side to the other. It should feel firm when turning from one side to the other. Once you are confident the vehicle is safe to drive make sure you drive it with the windows open and closed. Make sure you don’t hear any noises that seem uncommon. If you do find any potential issues and you are not sure what they are make sure to have a qualified mechanic look the car over before you complete the purchase. While driving, make sure to pay attention to the brakes. Do they feel like they are working properly and stopping the car efficiently? If not, they may need to be addressed and that could help you as any other problems found, in negotiating a better purchase price.
5. Last, but certainly not least. Asked to have the vehicle inspected by a mechanic or shop of your choice. If there is any resistance to having the vehicle inspected run, don’t walk away from the vehicle as is a telltale sign there are going to be issues found.
Once you have found the right vehicle and have made a purchase it is a sound financial decision and great idea to purchase a quality used car warranty. An auto warranty can protect you from the inevitable major or minor repairs that you will face down the road. There are few reputable companies that will allow you to purchase coverage directly, excluding the dealer and their profit, at wholesale pricing. A great place to start is Auto Advantage Inc.
Relevant Tags: auto advantage Inc., auto warranty, autocheck, car warranty, Carfax, inspected by a mechanic, quality used car, quality used car warranty, used car, used car warranty, vehicle history report, vehicle inspected, vehicle inspected by a mechanic
March 3rd, 2016 by Hal Moses
We are often questioned on why we don’t post any testimonials of our happy customers on our website. It is unfortunate, but it is become the practice of many companies, both reputable and not reputable, to either create their own testimonials or higher a public relations firm to do it for them. This is obviously a dishonest and poor way to run a business. We choose not to post testimonials, though we have many, as we simply will not fall into this group.
So how is a consumer supposed to know what companies are reputable and what companies are not? The last thing a customer wants to do is invest their hard-earned money in a warranty program that will simply not pay claims as they promise. The best way to protect yourself as a consumer is to make sure you follow the following guides…
• First, make sure the company you choose for your warranty coverage has been in business 10 years or more so they have shown experience successfully paying claims, not simply selling plans and collecting premiums.
• Second, make sure the plan you choose is directly underwritten by a US-based, A rated insurance carrier. Many “so-called” auto warranty companies are simply corporations or risk retention groups and have no financial or insurance backing. Having a directly underwritten plan means that if the warranty administrator ever fails to exist, your claims will automatically be paid by the insurance carrier and your coverage will be valid regardless.
• Third, you want to choose a company that has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and perhaps more importantly has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
The bottom line is that as you research the different coverage available to you, do not only look at the items covered and the price of coverage, look at the tenure and reliability of the company you are purchasing from. Though we are not the only company in the auto warranty industry, we are one of the best. To obtain a quote visit our webpage.
Relevant Tags: auto warranty, auto warranty companies, auto warranty company, auto warranty industry, directly underwritten, insurance backing, warranty companies, warranty coverage, warranty industry, warranty program
December 16th, 2015 by Hal Moses
For me, not a day goes by that I do not receive some type of unsolicited telemarketing phone call or piece of mail trying to sell me something.
Unfortunately many of the companies that do direct marketing have a terrible reputation and are generally very poorly rated with the Better Business Bureau. The reason for this is most higher-quality companies do not participate in direct marketing as they generally get enough business through traditional marketing methods. And no business is this more true than in the auto warranty business. There isn’t a single company we have found that direct markets warranty plans that actually has an insurance company underwriting their business. This is the gold standard for determining whether a warranty company is reputable and upstanding. These unscrupulous marketing companies are simply sham companies set up to scam you out of your money. Unfortunately this also goes for auto warranty companies that advertise on the radio or cable television. No “reputable” auto warranty company does any type of television or radio ad.
Purchasing an auto warranty is actually one of the best financial decisions the vehicle owner can make. The way to protect yourself and make sure that you purchase an auto warranty from a company that will be there to pay claims when the need arises is to make sure that you follow certain criteria. Some of the things to make sure of are…
• Be certain that the auto warranty company is in business for 10 years or more to assure that they are successfully paying claims, not just selling warranties.
• Check to make sure that the company is not only A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau but also an accredited BBB company.
• And perhaps most importantly, you want to make sure that the warranty company is backed and insured by a United States-based insurance carrier that has at least an A rating with AMBest. This means that even if the warranty company itself goes out of business your claims will still get paid directly by an underwriter.
The bottom line is you need to do more than just get a quote and assume the plan is a quality auto warranty program. You should always do your research to make sure that you know what you’re getting yourself into. An excellent place to start is one of the most reputable companies in the industry, Auto Advantage Inc. who have been offering automotive warranties and roadside assistance since 1979.
Relevant Tags: auto advantage Inc., auto warranty, auto warranty business, auto warranty buyers, auto warranty program, automotive warranties, quality auto warranty, quality auto warranty program, roadside assistance
November 13th, 2015 by Hal Moses
For many of us purchasing an exotic vehicle such as a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Maserati, Aston Martin, etc. is far out of reach. But for those lucky few that can afford to purchase and enjoy these exotic luxury vehicles the joy and exhilaration they get from driving these cars is unmatched. However, when one of these vehicles breaks down the cost to repairs is also unmatched. It is not uncommon to see repair bills of $5,000, $10,000, $25,000, or more.
Unlike when you own a traditional vehicle, extended warranty coverage is not readily available for these cars. Luckily though it is extremely hard to find, there are two “reputable” warranty providers that do offer coverage for exotic and extreme luxury cars. Auto Advantage Inc., A+ rated and in business since 1979 specializes in warranties for these cars and is a direct distributor for both providers. Coverage available ranges from basic powertrain coverage to exclusionary bumper-to-bumper coverage.
If you are looking for Ferrari warranty coverage, Lamborghini warranty coverage, Bentley warranty coverage, Rolls-Royce warranty coverage, Maserati warranty coverage, Aston Martin warranty coverage, or any other exotic auto warranty contacting Auto Advantage is your best, and perhaps only safe choice.
For further details contact their exotic and luxury car warranty specialist at 800-933-9190 or visit Auto Advantage’s website directly at www.autowarranties.com.
Relevant Tags: Aston Martin, Aston Martin warranty, Aston Martin warranty coverage, Auto Advantage, auto advantage Inc., auto warranty, autowarranties.com, Bentley, Bentley warranty, Bentley warranty coverage, exotic and luxury car warranty specialist, exotic auto, exotic auto warranty, exotic vehicles, Ferrari, Ferrari warranty, Ferrari warranty coverage, Lamborghini, Lamborghini warranty, Lamborghini warranty coverage, luxury vehicles, Maserati, Maserati warranty, Maserati warranty coverage, reputable warranty, reputable warranty provider, rolls royce, Rolls Royce warranty, Rolls Royce warranty coverage
October 3rd, 2015 by Hal Moses
When purchasing a used vehicle is important to be sure that the vehicle is in excellent working order before finalizing a deal or taking delivery. It is obvious that purchasing an auto warranty when you have a vehicle it is no longer covered by the manufacturer is an excellent idea to protect you against any unforeseen repair expenses that might arise. It is not uncommon to have repairs pop up you were not expecting that can cost $500, $1,500, or even $3,000 or more.
However, many consumers are not aware that unlike medical insurance, automobile warranty companies are not obligated to cover a vehicle’s pre-existing conditions. To prevent getting caught off guard with a pre-existing issue with a vehicle is strongly recommended that you have the vehicle inspected by a qualified used vehicle inspection service or dealership prior to finalizing a purchase. If you are purchasing the vehicle from a dealership do not automatically assume that they have fully inspected it themselves even though they might have. It is worthwhile to have a second opinion by hiring an independent inspector to check the vehicle out. If you are purchasing a vehicle privately it is even more important to have the vehicle checked out by a qualified mechanic or inspection service. This will help you avoid getting caught off guard with a repair that may not be covered by your auto warranty.
Auto Advantage not only provides the highest quality car warranties in the industry, but also has a full independent inspection service that can check out your vehicle prior to the vehicle’s purchase or warranty activation. Visit our Auto Advantage’s website to get a quote for the best coverage available for your vehicle. To get information about having your vehicle inspected call 800-419-3499.
Relevant Tags: Auto Advantage, auto warranty, automobile warranty companies, car warranties, covered by your auto warranty, highest quality car warranties, purchasing the vehicle privately, quality car warranties, used car warranties, used vehicle inspection, used vehicle inspection service, vehicle inspected, vehicles pre existing conditions
July 15th, 2015 by Hal Moses
When you are choosing an extended auto warranty program is important to look through the various exclusions of the policy you are purchasing. Most reputable auto warranty providers make their inclusions and exclusions clear and concise and have no mixed wording to confuse a repair shop or customer. However, some of the shadier companies out there, typically without a direct underwriter to get out of many different claim situations.
Overheating is a good example of this. Some companies will exclude any repair, even if it has nothing to do with the vehicle overheating if there is any sign that an overheat has occurred. More reputable providers will cover the failure of any covered part as long as owner negligence did not close the failure. Owner negligence in reference to a vehicle that is overheated would be if a driver would continue to operate the vehicle even after the gauges or warning lights have come on. This would obviously cause additional damage to the vehicle from continued operation after the overheat and would not be covered by any warranty program. So in conclusion, it is not overheating that is not covered by a quality auto warranty program, it is the damage caused to the vehicle by the continued operation after the vehicle has overheated.
To be sure you get one of the highest quality auto warranty is available you can request a quote from Auto Advantage or other A+ rated and BBB accredited warranty companies.
Relevant Tags: Auto Advantage, auto warranty, auto warranty program, Auto warranty providers, extended auto warranty, extended auto warranty program, overheating, quality auto warranty, quality auto warranty program, reputable auto warranty, reputable auto warranty providers, vehicle overheating
June 9th, 2015 by Hal Moses
When purchasing extended coverage for your vehicle is important to understand what the coverage does and does not cover. One of the main items that some “shady” companies will exclude from coverage is breakdowns of covered parts that have failed due to wear & tear. A wear & tear failure is a breakdown of the part has not completely failed but is no longer working the way the manufacturer intended to. This means that if a covered part has not completely failed, but is beginning to fail but has not stopped working completely or broken into pieces they would exclude it from their coverage.
It is important to know the difference between wear & tear items and scheduled maintenance items. Scheduled maintenance items are not covered by any extended automobile warranty. Examples of scheduled maintenance items are oil changes, tune-ups, tires, wiper blades, batteries, etc.
All “reputable” auto warranty companies will include breakdowns of covered parts that have failed for any reason including wear & tear. All Auto Advantage auto warranty programs include breakdowns due to wear & tear.
Relevant Tags: Auto Advantage, auto advantage auto warranty, auto warranty, auto warranty companies, automobile warranty, extended automobile warranty, reputable auto warranty companies, wear & tear, wear & tear coverage
April 22nd, 2015 by Hal Moses
There are many extended car warranty programs to choose from but it can be a bit tricky to find a “reputable” plan to suit your needs. The best way to choose a reliable extended car warranty program is to find a company that makes the following criteria…
1. Make sure the company is in business for 10 years or more. This assures you that they are not only in the business of selling coverage but also successfully paying claims.
2. You want to choose a company that has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and perhaps more importantly, is accredited by the BBB which holds them to a much higher standard of excellent business practices and customer service.
3. You want the warranty program to be directly underwritten by a US-based insurance carrier holding at least an A rating with an industry rating service such as AMBest or Standard & Poors. This will assure you that if any part of the claims administration process fails the underwriter will directly pick up all claims if needed.
There are also many different levels of coverage available for your vehicle. These levels are Powertrain, Major Component Plus, High-Tech Component, Component Type Bumper-To-Bumper, or Exclusionary Bumper-To-Bumper coverage. Depending on the age and mileage of the vehicle all or most of these levels could be available. It is important to look through the different levels of coverage for any companies you are considering side-by-side to make sure that you are purchasing the best coverage available for your needs. Do not rely on plan names such as Platinum, Elite, or Gold as they do not always correctly define the level of coverage you are purchasing. Some less than reputable companies will take a very basic plan and label it with a very fancy name. You want to look at the actual list of what is covered to make sure you are getting what you’re paying for.
All in all, an extended car warranty is an excellent investment and can save you thousands of dollars over the term of the coverage. To begin researching the different types of coverage you can visit Auto Advantage and see what the choices are. It is a great idea to fill out the quote request form and let them send you the specifics including coverage details and pricing.
Relevant Tags: accredited by the BBB, Auto Advantage, Bumper To Bumper, car warranty, car warranty program, directly underwritten, Excellent investment, exclusionary bumper to bumper, extended car warranty, Extended car warranty program, high tech component, powertrain, warranty program